Excuses that get in the way of success…
- Posted by Sue
- On 30th October 2020
During my career I have noticed that people – me included – use a very limited range of excuses for not buying, making decisions or taking action of just about any sort
So I thought that I would list them – as a test, remove these excuses from your vocabulary and see what’s left. You will probably find that they are not in fact real, rather imagined; figments of your subconscious mind giving you permission to avoid all risk, excitement and fulfilment
If you have any alternative excuses then please let me know and I will add them to the list – once the excuses are removed the only thing left for us to do is actually take action – it’s not that scary when you get started
- I can’t afford it…
- Of course you can – you just need to find a way of generating the cash flow.
- It’s not a matter of affordability it’s a matter of doing whatever it takes in order to achieve the income required.
- I don’t have the time…
- Yes you do – you have the same amount of time as the President of the USA, Richard Branson and Bill Gates.
- It is not the amount of time you have it is the way you choose to invest it that counts
- My business is special…
- It is “special” but not unique all businesses are basically the same – Sales, Profit and Cash.
- Your Market is the same as everyone else’s too – clients want Value, Service and Quality.
- I don’t know how…
- Then find out – the lack of knowledge excuse is a classic for procrastination and avoidance of action.
- Find out how – go to events and workshops, just Google the issue and you will find an answer.
- I have to do everything myself…
- You may choose to do everything but you can always find people to help you.
- If you have a team that are not up to the task – ask yourself who recruited them, trained them, manages them and leads them.
- I didn’t have a great start in life…
- We all had the same start – and the quicker we take responsibility for our results the better.
- Blaming others is the simplest way of avoiding being truly successful – time to take ownership and get over it.
- It’s the recession…
- The market dictates sometimes that we need to improve or increase our activity – get better at what we do.
- The “recession” is simply a call to action, a signal that we need to change and learn: not an excuse for quitting.
- I have been feeling unwell and/or depressed.
- Strange how business ownership and business ambition is the best cure for all
- If you are feeling low check your health, fitness and levels of gratitude and contribution to others – life is good.
- Too old / young / female / male / gay / straight / disabled / short etc.
- You are not defined by your situation – only by your attitude, ambition and actions.
- No one cares about your physical condition – only you perhaps your Mum – we all have a “condition” remember.
- I’m scared of…….
- We are all scared of something – it is doing the scary things that get us results.
- Fear is simply made up in our mind Finding Excuses, Avoiding Responsibility – what we chose to overcome will define our results.
PS Reasons are just adult versions of excuses
So stop with the excuses
Give yourself permission to be successful
4 comments on Excuses that get in the way of success…